Carbon Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Minimum was founded to tackle the biggest challenge currently facing humanity: how to get the world to net zero carbon emissions before it's too late.
Our mission is to help complex companies understand their impact on the environment. Minimum combines cutting-edge sustainability software supplemented by best-in-class human know-how to help businesses achieve their sustainability goals fast.
Minimum is looking for a Carbon Data Analyst to join our delivery team. This is a new role in a fast growing part of the business. We are on a mission to define what best practice carbon accounting looks like. Your analytical ability will play a critical role in shaping the end-to-end data journey, ensuring accurate carbon calculations for our customers, and contributing to our mission of driving positive environmental impact.
This role reports to Jamie Clark, our Senior Sustainability Consultant. We’re a small and close company, so you'll frequently interact with the co-founders as well as other departments.
We're looking for brilliant people. If your experience doesn't quite match all of the points below but you feel you have a lot to offer the team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Analyse and transform complex datasets to improve the accuracy and quality of carbon footprints calculated through Minimum’s emissions engine
- Work closely with the Delivery Operations team to deliver the expert service that we provide for our enterprise customers
- Advise our customers on carbon accounting approaches, what the correct data looks like, and how to use Minimum’s software platform most effectively for their individual business
- Build and suggest improvements to internal data models and systems, and work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to implement them
- Become an expert in the principles of carbon accounting, and become a trusted advisor to clients and colleagues alike
- 1-3 years experience in an analytical role. Familiarity with carbon footprint calculations is a plus
- Immaculate attention to detail and able to manage workloads and deadlines
- Good communicator, energised by interacting with team members and customers alike. Able to explain complex topics to non-technical audiences.
- Hands on experience with data visualisation tools and concepts
- Driven by the potential of being part of a world changing business
- Action-orientated - high output with a focus on completion and iterative improvement
- Highly proficient in Microsoft excel - basic experience with other programming languages