Vintage Cash Cow
About the Role:
Passionate about antique and vintage products? We are searching for people with the desire to help our customers by collating, identifying, and recording the thousands of fascinating pieces we receive every week!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Separate and sort vintage items from customers’ boxes, including Gold Jewellery into different Carats and Silver Jewellery from Costume Jewellery, plus a whole range of different and interesting items
- Assign a valuation to various antique and vintage items using your knowledge plus the help of our specialist systems.
- Accurately record the contents of each box onto our company CRM, ensuring utmost care and diligence is taken with each customer’s property.
- Identify and learn about other vintage products such as watches, clocks, militaria, coins and vintage toys.
- Research any items with an unknown value, liaising with our Vintage Experts.
- Work speedily, diligently, and efficiently when handling customer boxes.
- Draw on the expertise of your teammates to continuously upskill
Key skills & Experience:
- Knowledgeable and experienced in at least one of the categories we deal in, including precious metal jewellery, costume jewellery, watches, militaria, cameras, coins, silverware or writing instruments.
- Willing to learn about the vintage products that we handle
- Able to read and understand hallmarks
- Positive with an upbeat attitude who enjoys rapid change
- Computer literate and able to write concise and accurate notes.
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Experience in the jewellery industry, auction houses or high street pawnbrokers.
- Location of Work: Vintage Cash Cow: Unit 14, Gelderd Road, Gildersome, Morley, Leeds, LS27 7JP.
- 💰 Starting salary of £22,000 reviewed annually.
- 🚀 Be part of a rapidly growing company with so many opportunities to progress!
- ☕️ Free lunch, tea, coffee and snacks every day
- 🌴 25 days annual leave
- 🚲 Cycle to work scheme
- 🏥 Medicash
- 🌎 2 Community/ Charity days per year
- 🧠 Oliva Mental Health
- 👟 Monthly contribution towards your gym membership
- 🎯 Regular socials and events
At Vintage Cash Cow, we prioritise inclusivity and collaboration among departments to promote knowledge and expertise. We welcome individuals who value these principles and are ready to make a valuable contribution.
About Vintage Cash Cow
There's an elephant in the boardroom. The unchecked consumption, constant growth and focus on 'buying new' is not an option in tomorrow's market. Companies around the world must stop their reliance on finite resources that can't keep coming out of the ground. Changing consumer behaviour is demanding companies change; less new, fewer short-life items, more reCommerce, more reuse, and more recycling. The cost-of-living crisis is catalysing and accelerating this change; it's simply cheaper to do the right thing.
You'll know that buying and selling old and vintage items isn't easy for most people, so we've set out to change that. Vintage Cash Cow is on a mission to become the leading brand for buying and selling all things vintage, valuable, and occasionally peculiar. By delivering unrivalled convenience and care with our fair, trustworthy and personal service, we believe we can own this space in the UK and overseas.
We aren't doing this entirely alone. We've raised VC investment from Dutch Founders Fund and Airbridge Equity Partners, including from the founders of WeTransfer, Just Eat Benelux and TreatWell. With their support and our unwavering commitment to changing the game for good globally, this role is an exciting opportunity to join a brand primed for lift-off.
Innovative - Change the game 💡
We are disruptors by nature –there’s nobody out there that does what we do in the way we do it. This requires a bold vision, innovation and execution. This boldness helps us to continuously change the game
About Vintage Cash Cow
Already working at Vintage Cash Cow?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.